Thursday, April 9, 2009

Boston Tsokolate Champorado

Champorado is a Filipino sweet chocolate porridge.
It is usually served in a bowl with swirls of evaporated milk on top
and a side dish of fried "tuyo" or dried fish.

My grandfather, Lolo Elias, prefers to use Boston brand cocoa powder
whenever he makes champorado for us. And I've developed a likeness to it.
For my instant hot choco, I use 2 sachets of cocoa powder and a
tablespoon of creamer and sugar.


To make champorado, wash 1/2 cup malagkit or glutinous rice and
drain. Cook malagkit with 3 cups water over low heat. Stir constantly
to avoid scorching. Simmer until malagkit is cooked (transparent).
Add 4 sachets of Boston cocoa powder and 1/2 cup sugar. Adjust taste
to your liking. Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.


I prefer my champorado serving with blotches of milk and a sprinkle of sugar on top.

2 comments:

Jude said...

Had no idea champurado was this easy. I need to get some malagkit stat.

MaMely said...

i love champorado!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...