Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Christmas Reunion

I have been absent in blogging for more than 2 months now.
But I'm back on track.

Christmas was a busy month as usual. Couldn't help with shopping
late for christmas gifts and attending Christmas parties here and
there. This is also a time for our family reunion. My Dad's immediate
family usually held our family reunion on December 25. This year,
Dad decided to bring lechon (roasted pig) for the reunion. He has
been saving one of the pigs he raised in our backyard for this occasion.

Anthony Bourdain of "No Reservations" show did an episode on lechon
with Marketman last year. For our purpose, Mom called up a niece in
Iligan City for the recipe.

onions, garlic, bell pepper, black pepper, lemongrass
spices placed inside the pigs cavity

3-4 hours cooking in slow fire

finally!

2 comments:

Stella said...

Wow! I don't eat pork, but that looks delicious. Makes me long for my pork eating days...

lishapisa said...

oH MY! just a look at this and dieting is a sin!
THanks!
CookNg Sisters

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...