Friday, April 15, 2011

Easy Does It Puto

We still have extra Queso de Bola from last Christmas I decided
to try out the recipe on the side of the box, Puto Queso Real.

Puto makes a great snack. It can be eaten alone or paired
with Dinuguan. I prefer it served with grated coconut.

Puto Queso Real

1 Cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup water
1 pc Magnolia Queso de Bola, cut into strips
1 pc salted egg, cut into strips (optional)

Boil water in a steamer. When boiling point is reached,
keep heat in medium flame. Mix all dry ingredients in
a bowl. Make a well at the center and add water.
Mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour into puto
mold (you can use a ramekin cup if you don't have one)
and place a strip of cheese and egg on top.
Steam for 15 minutes.

Puto on FoodistaPuto

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I've always wanted to learn how to make this.I followed you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this puto widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about puto recipes,Thanks!

Ela said...

hi alisa. thanks a lot. glad to know about foodista. am getting my way around it. thanks again.

Unknown said...

That looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...