Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WHB - Cheese Sticks

During my visit to General Santos City, I was able to watch my friend
Sheng prepare cheese sticks for her kids. I didn't realize it was easy
to do. Instead of wrapping the cheese in spring roll wrapper, she used
molo or siomai wrapper instead.

Sheng preparing the cheese sticks

Last Sunday I decided to make some cheese sticks for afternoon snacks.
I added some herbs (tarragon, dill & mint) with it to make it more exciting.
I made several herb combination and my favorite is tarragon & mint
cheese sticks.

mint, tarragon and dill on my cheese sticks

You will need:

Siomao or Molo wrappers
cheddar cheese , cut into 1/4 inch thick
herbs of your choice
watter
oil for frying
cayenne pepper (optional)

Wrap each cheese sticks in Siomai or Molo wrapper, together
with the herbs, folding the edge and sealing it with water. Fry
the cheese sticks until golden brown and drain oil in paper
towel. Sprinkle some cayenne pepper if you like before serving
it with mayonnaise. This is great for snacks or appetizer.


Cheese sticks goes well with


Salay Tea (Lemongrass Tea)


This dish is shared to all Weekend Herb Blogging(WHB) followers.
Thanks to Haalo who is managing the event and to Huan of Eat.Read.Live
who is our host this week.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

These look yummy! And super fun to do - I love finding out different ways to make a classic dish.

Thella said...

ayus ang ganda :) btw, i passed you The Versatile Blogger award :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your kind note on my blog!

I love this cheese stick recipe. Looks like a wonderful appetizer. The fresh herbs make it unique. :)

Tanantha @ I Just Love My Apron said...

Great idea of using herbs in it!

Joy said...

That looks great. I love anything with cheese.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, this look too good, Thanks for sharing.

~Lisa~ said...

These look so good. And the lemongrass tea! I love that (=

Kim (Liv Life) said...

This is new to me, but looks wonderful! Thanks so much for the post, we will definitely try it!

Stella said...

Ooh, mint with cheese-that's intriguing. I've never had the two, but I want to (smile)! Tarragon is so good too. I think it's a bit underrated in the herb/culinary world. Anyway, these sound delicious, Ela. A mint/tarragon cheese stick, please, with a cup of hot tea...!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...