Thursday, July 1, 2010

WHB - Nilaga w/ Spinach

Probably the easiest Filipino dish, Nilaga (boiled) is usually found
in every Filipino home. Everything is boiled in a big pot and cooking
time varies on the ingredients. Beef or pork as meat with choice of
the ribs, pata (leg) or brisket part. Common vegetables used are
potato, cabbage and pechay (bok choi). Others also use carrots,
malunggay and in my case, spinach.

I bought a bunch of spinach a few weeks back and planted the stalk.
After my vacation from General Santos City, I was happy to see
my spinach thriving beautifully. I decided to use it for my Nilaga.

Pork Ribs Nilaga w/ spinach

1 K pork ribs
1/2 k marble potato
1 large onion, quartered
2 Tbsp fish sauce
bunch of spinach
salt and pepper
3-5 cups water
ginger (optional)

Boil pork ribs in a cooking pot together with the onions, ginger
(optional), pepper and fish sauce until tender. Add marble potato
and simmer until cook. Add in spinach and simmer for about 2
minutes. Season with salt and pepper before serving hot.

I am sharing this dish for this week's Weekend Herb Blogging (WHB),
an event started by Kalyn, now being managed by Haalo.
This week's host is Anh of A Food Lover's Journey.


Try my other WHB entries:


Lemongrass Juice



Smoke Fish w/ Cacawate

4 comments:

Joy said...

I love nilaga. This is always my go-to when I have no idea what to make that night. My daughter loves it.

Magic of Spice said...

Looks wonderful:)

Joanne said...

I've never had this before but it sounds like a great dish!

Stella said...

Hey Ela! I just clicked on your site from my dashboard, but I don't see the dish I thought I would see (pasta or something). This nilaga sounds delicious though (smile)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...