Friday, October 29, 2010

Plant Basil, Harvest Pesto!

I got basil seedlings from my Tia Aring last month and now I am
harvesting them! Good thing my sister was here last weekend
to show me how to make pesto. She even brought her portable
food processor for our use (all the way from General Santos City).

Eager to test her new camera, Olympus SP-800ux (it has 30x
optical speed!), she was shooting early Sunday morning outside
the house. I went along, even if i just woke up, because I was
also eager to show off my basil plants.


She didn't use exact measurements for the pesto. Just trusted her
her taste and feeling. In a food processor, basil was mixed with
olive oil, garlic, pepper, anchovies and nuts. I also got some pine
nuts from Tia Aring which we used but run out of them so we
used some Chedeng's roasted peanuts (a favorite pasalubong
from Iligan City).

My sister is right. Plant basil, harvest pesto!



You might also like:

My General Santos City Adventures : GenSan Market and GenSan Eats




October 2008 harvest








October 2009 harvest





I am linking this to Foodie Friday:

4 comments:

jinky said...

wow, gusto ko yan....napaka healthy ng basil nyo :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, it is so large. I need some of your tips in growing plants :D

Stella said...

Wow, Ela! Your basil plants look huge and so healthy. I just planted some basil outside. It has sprouted, but I've noticed something is eating it which has me worried. Do you do anything to keep the pests off your basil?
Oh, and the pesto looks awesome. I know it was too, since your grow your own!

Graziana said...

Your basil plant are amazing! I can't imagine how much pesto you can prepare with them

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...