Monday, August 30, 2010

Paksiw na Pata (Smoked Style)

There are so many ways to cook Paksiw. The usual method is to cook it
with bulaklak ng saging (banana blossoms). But have you tried Paksiw
using smoked pata ng baboy (pork leg)? The smoky flavor adds a delicious
twist to the dish. I first tasted this dish here in Pila. But instead of pata
ng baboy, ulo ng baboy (pig's head) was used. I prefer using pata since
it is meatier than the head, especially if you use the front leg.


Paksiw na Pata ng Baboy- smoked style (Pig's leg Paksiw - smoked style)

1 pork pata, preferably front, sliced in half lengthwise
3/4 cups vinegar
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 whole garlic, crushed
1 tsp peppercorn, crushed
1 medium onion, sliced

Wash pork pata and smoke for about 30-45 minutes until color turns brown.


Chopped into small slices, about 1" thick.

Place all ingredients in a casserole and slow cook for about 1 1/2 hour,
add water if necessary, until meat is very tender.

Best served with boiled rice.


You might want to try my Fish Paksiw recipe:





Paksiw na Isda (Fish in Vinegar Sauce)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband would love that. I have never had pata like this.

Ela said...

hi joy,
thanks for dropping by. try it, its a different eating experience...ingat.

Cooking Gallery said...

Oh, yum,,,That looks so good!

Stella said...

Hey Ela! I'm not much of a meat eater these days. However, if I were, I would eat this (smile). It looks really delicious and tender too;)
p.s. I didn't know people eat banana blossoms-that's neat?!?

Jan @ I Love. Therefore, I Cook. said...

ela! this is yummy :) i have tried the usual paksiw but not this kind that's smoked. lovely dish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...